Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Project Selection - Film

what could interest me into making a film rather than a magazine would be a lot more freedom in what I could make and how to approach it. While there are conventions like any sort of media you can still make an entertaining movie if you take unorthodox methods that can make your movie unique or have a style, like Quentin Tarantino's non-linear approach to story telling so you typically have more freedom in how you want to approach your film. Another benefit to making a film would be that it doesn't take as much technical skill in order to edit a film, you just need to know how to cut your video and add text which can be done by the simplest of editing programs. One last benefit is that since the editing can be done by any program, I can work on it anywhere as every Windows computer comes with Windows Movie Maker for free while Photoshop requires a membership to access it and requires you to have a laptop in order to work on it in any location. Now one issue I will come across if I decide to make a film would be the mise-en-scene, in order to make the setting to make sense I have to move furniture, buy or make my own props, get clothing that fits with the setting, find a time where all my actors are available, survey locations that is nearby all the actors, and even the possibility of not shooting at all if the weather is unfavorable. There can also be an issue of stabilization. We don't have access to high cost video equipment so we could deal with an issue of the film shaking, but it can be worked around as some indie film makers have shown that it is possible to make a film with a stable camera even if they were only using their phone to record.

No comments:

Post a Comment